About Yann Gourvennec, CEO & Founder of Visionary MarketingCEO and founder of the European Visionary Marketing digital marketing agency, I am a marketeer, specialising in Web ans social media marketing, a teacher in marketing, a keynote speaker and author.
Passionate about strategy and mostly digital strategy,marketing and its reinvention, social media, business development, Internet & e-business (marketing point of view), with a focus on digital transformation, team management and International business
My name is Yann Gourvennec, I am what I call a serial intrepreneur (no, this isn't a typo, it was the topic of a Like Minds presentation in Exeter, England), a reputation which I earned throughout the years, in the field, thanks to the design and deployment of a number of innovative projects within large or very large international and complex organisations. I am an implementor rather than an inventor; I believe in the power of execution and I have a track record in change management in various organisations, large and small, national and international. In 2014 I decided to turn my intrapreneur status into that of an entrepreneur and launch my own business. Since then we have helped more than 80 businesses with their content and digital transformation strategies
innovations I have been part of
My first project was about the digitalisation of the Unisys pricelists in 1988. I then designed and deployed one of the first CRM systems worldwide across the European, APAC and South American salesforce of Unisys between 1992 and 1995. As an Internet Marketing consultant, I delivered my first business intelligence proposal in 1995. 1995 is also the year in which I launched my first Internet website (partial history click here), prior to creating the Internet-banking.com content marketing Website (partial history click here) on behalf of Unisys in 1996 in London. This means that I am a veteran in content marketing since the early days of the Web, some 18 years before Joe Pulizzi published Epic Marketing Content.
My first e-commerce website was set up in 1996. I then sold thousands of unified messaging boxes online on behalf of Wanadoo (now Orange) as soon as 1996 (partial history click here). I pioneered the WebTV in 2000, launched web conferencing on behalf of France Telecom with WebEx in 2001 (a start-up by then), created my first professional blogs towards the end of 2004, wrote my first recommendation regarding Web 2.0 within the enterprise world towards the midst of 2007, initiated, launched and structured expert blogging and Social Media within Orange Business Services in 2008 and placed Orange Business Services as the 6th French brand on Twitter (April 2010, 01.net).
Social Media events and associations
I joined Andy Sernovitz's socialmedia.org at the beginning of 2008 and created Media Aces with Hervé Kabla in 2009. I speak at international events like, the digital marketing forum in Budapest in 2009, Blogwell in Atlanta in November 2009, Likeminds in Exeter in 2010, The Ragan Social Summit in San Jose in June 2010, Media Aces in Paris (2009-2011), the CMO Exchange in London, in July 2011, Like Minds 2011 in Exeter, Tunis 2.0 (Oct 2011) in Tunisia (Oct 2011) and the iStrategy conference in Amsterdam (Oct 2011) and many others since then. I am often asked to speak at events organised by our clients. Recently, I did this for Xerox in Sprint 2016 and I will be keynoting for eZ systems in October 2016 in Paris.
publishing, evangelising, implementing ...
I was a regular contributor to bnet UK until its demise in 2009 and 2010. I have a passion for innovation, sharing and creating and learning, drawing and writing. I am also a lecturer at the Paris University, the Paris graduate school of management and HEC at which I speak not only about the Social Web and e-business, but also e-commerce, electronic payments, Marketing, innovation and ICT marketing project management. As of mid 2016 I will also contribute on Hootsuite's US/CDN blog.
MASTERING DIGITAL MARKETING LIKE A BOSS
In February 2011, with my partner Hervé Kabla, I published a book dedicated to social media in the enterprise world entitled (in French) "Mastering Social Media Like a Boss."
In just two weeks, more than 1000 copies were sold just by word of mouth. We released the English version of this book (entitled Mastering Digital Marketing Like A Boss) of the book which we released in 2015. You may also be tempted to read about my career history (below) but I think this is far less interesting than the future which we could build together on the Internet and in real life. You may find me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Xing, Viadeo and a vast array of networking sites which I place above e-mail, which is an outdated means of communication (see my piece on e-mail in the enterprise and the interview of Luis Suarez in 2014).
- CEO & founder of Visionary Marketing (since Feb 2014)
- Program Director of the Advanced Masters in Digital Business Strategy of Grenoble Ecole de Management (07/15-08/19)
- Director, Communications, Cloud Computing, Orange Business Services (04/13-01/14)
- Director, Web, Digital & Social Media, Orange Group (03/11-03/13)
- Head of Internet and Digital Media, Orange Business Services (01/08-06/11)
- Innovation Principal, Orange Business Services (07/05-01/08)
- Business Partnerships Manager, France Télécom Corporate Solutions (01/03-06/05)
- 'Value Selling': High level engagement, France Télécom Corporate Accounts (06-12/02)
- Director, e-business & business development, France Télécom FCR (99-02)
- Senior Consultant, Cap Gemini (France/Lebanon/Hong Kong) (97-99)
- Consultant, Marketing Strategy & Internet, Unisys France & UK (95-97)
- Business Systems Manager, Unisys Europe Africa (92-95)
- Business Systems Manager, Unisys France (88-92)
- Sales executive, Philips France (85-88)
- Diploma Baccalaureat C (1979),
- Diploma of Skema Business School (1984), specialised in Marketing,
- London Chamber of Commerce (1984): Proficiency in Business English Advanced Level, with distinction.
- Completed training "International Talents Practice" (General Management) at EM-Lyon & Cranfield Management Development Centre (2004)
- Lecturer at the Paris Dauphine / Georgia State University mba and the mba-ebusiness of the Paris Graduate School of Management(2007-2012) and HEC (2010-1014)
- Lecturer at Paris School of Business and MBAESG (since 2007)
- Lecturer and Program Director at Grenoble Ecole de Management (2015-2019)
marketing & innovation mba training and lecture material
(2015-2019) Lecturer and Program Director at Grenoble Ecole de Management
(2007-2012) Material from the mba course on the Marketing of technological innovations at the mba/mib of the Paris University/Georgia State University initial version of the course available here,
(since 2007) MBA course on collaboration, enterprise social software (née enterprise 2.0) and social media (based on my field experience in that subject) at the Paris Graduate School of Management (ESG). The course material is available in English and French and is revised and updated on a yearly basis,
in 2008 and 2010, lectures on behalf of HEC on the subect of Internet Marketing & Social Media,
(2007-2008 and 2009 for Insead): lectures and presentations on joint innovation within the Large Projects and outsourcing division of Orange Business Services at Thales University (2hrs) [EN] and the INSEAD eMBA (4hrs) [EN] and the club of Marketing Directors of the ICT market (CMIT) [FR], (2001-2002) course on online surveys provided at the master of electronic commerce of Skema (ESC Lille) [in French only].